Each year, the GCSW hosts a research poster showcase in which all foundation students and additional students from the MSW and
- 1st: Hope Gerdon - Fotonovela as a tool for mental illness literacy and stigma reduction in Latino communities
- 2nd: Dami Aderinola - Managing Caregiver Burden in Alzheimer’s Disease: What works?
- 3rd: Hannah Hall - Patient Navigators: A Strategy for Increasing U.S. Immigrants’ Utilization of Formal Healthcare Services
- 1st: Jack Iam - Reducing Depression in LGBTQ+ Youth with Computerized CBT
- 2nd: Jessica Zachary - College for All: Increasing Graduation Rates for Students Diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder
- 3rd: Leslie Rodriguez - Healthcare Outreach Program for Mexican Immigrants
- 1st: Kate Lykes - Reading, Writing, Arithmetic and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Improving Adolescent Mental Health Through School-Based Programs
- 2nd: Marina Arnaud - Parent Empowerment Education Reducing Postpartum Depression in Mothers of Preterm Babies
- 3rd: Michelle Guinn - Prevention for Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
Sugar Land - Hybrid Campus
- 1st: Alexandra Jacobs - Effective Interventions for Dating Violence Survivors
- 2nd: Renee Lamberton - Incarcerated-Induced Trauma
- 3rd: Christina Allen - Trauma Intervention for People with Intellectual Disabilities
- 1st: Helen Spencer - Gray Area: Is Life-review Therapy an Effective Intervention for Late-life Depression?
- 2nd: Madeline Robertson - Incorporating Exercise into Adolescent Mental Health Treatment
- 3rd: Carolyn Cohen - Effective Treatments for Adolescents that are Self-Harming
- Cohort 1: Tayler Duden - Mental Health Stigma and Engagement: Effective Programs to Lower Stigma & Increase Engagement Surrounding Mental Health
- Cohort 2: Reyes Peregrino Jr. - Sexual Assault Prevention as a Facet of Toxic Masculinity
- Cohort 3 (Tie): Nina Tahija - Self-Compassion Meditation for Reducing Body Image Dissatisfaction in Women
- Cohort 3 (Tie): Audre Sarmiento - CBT: The Gold-Standard Intervention for Social Anxiety
We are so proud of everyone who presented! It was an evening of deep learning for all who attended.