The present invention relates to a method of making highly dispersed nanotube based polymer nanocomposites. This new method allows the development of super-strong and ultra-lightweight fibers and bulk nanocomposites of nylon, polyester and other high–performance based polymers. These new nanocomposites are biocompatible and biodegradable while possessing enhanced mechanical properties.
- Makes efficient multi-functional materials for a broad variety of applications ranging from products used in medical industry to space travel
- Lighter than any existing material, bringing the ability to prepare reinforced materials where the weight increase is insignificant
- Creates super-strong polymer based materials
- Can be used in polyester based nanocomposites and fiber reinforced polymers
- Can replace conventional applications where carbon and glass fiber are used
- Lithium batteries and fuel cells
- Biomedical devices, drug delivery, and gene therapy