The mission of TCA is to advance our state economically and culturally by investing in a creative Texas. TCA provides resources to enhance economic development, arts education, cultural tourism, and artist sustainability initiatives.
Summary of Standard Terms:
Period of Performance
- No cost extensions are granted by a written amendment to the agreement
- All costs must be incurred within the period of performance clearly stated on the agreement
- All funds provided by TCA must be expended within the period of performance as specified in Section 2 of the agreement
- No pre-award spending
- Indirect is not charged
- No operating charges for state facilities including salary support and facility costs
- No funds for social functions, parties, receptions, fundraisers and galas
- No funds for productions, workshops or programs that include obscene material
- No funds for student activities that allow for academic credit
- No funds for capital equipment or capital improvement (TCA will fund capital improvements and depreciable equipment through the Arts Respond Cultural Districts or Commission Initiative/Designated Funding grant programs)
Should a revised budget be needed to accurately reflect expenditures, a formal letter is sent to TCA requesting an adjustment to the budget. A form will be provided by TCA specifying a deadline due date. The form is completed by the PI, routed to the OCG Research Administrator for review and approval, and then submitted to TCA by the date stated in the notification letter. Failure to submit the revised budget by the due date may result in cancellation of the grant.
- UH PI shall provide a minimum of 50% of the total cost of the project (dollar for dollar match)
- The contribution shall be provided as indicated in the budget, Attachment A
- PIs that receive a grant from TCA are required to send a thank you letter to their State Representative and State Senator notifying them of the services, programs and work the award will help to support.
- Copies of these two letters must be submitted to TCA before grant funds will be released.
Acknowledgement: A credit line and/or the TCA logo must appear in all published materials and announcements regarding the funded activity. For example: “This project is supported in part by a grant from the Texas Commission on the Arts.” The TCA logo is available on the TCA website. The Commission logo may be found at www.arts.texas.gov/logo. If applicable, the PI must acknowledge other funding partners of TCA. If this is the case crediting instructions will be included with the award notification and/or payment notice.
Professional service contracts are an allowable charge when correctly reflected in the approved budget
- The Grant Report becomes due 30 days after the contract end date
- The Grant Report is completed on line by the PI and department. Copies of receipts, vouchers, checks, etc. for all grant expenditures, including matching contributions, must be attached to the Grant Report
- A copy of the Grant Report shall be printed and forwarded to the OCG Research Financial Services (RFS) Financial Analyst
- The financial portion of the Grant Report will be reviewed for accuracy, signed by the Manager of RFS then returned to the PI for submission to TCA
- Reviews, promotional materials, press clippings, attendance figures, evaluation forms, photography, audience letters and or film can complete the report. Tracking the audience profile is a helpful way to simplify the final reporting
- Any PI that does not submit the required Grant Report within 90 days after the end date of the contract will be reported to the Texas Attorney General for final resolution through legal action
- Any pending or future awards are contingent upon the satisfactory resolution of reports