On November 21, Award Documents, Organizational Reports, and Grants.gov integration in FastLane were retired and decommissioned. Grants.gov applications are now processed in Research.gov instead of FastLane. Corrections or additions to Grants.gov applications submitted to NSF on or after November 21 will also be made in Research.gov.
The full text follows.
Effective November 21st, Award Documents, Organizational Reports, and Grants.gov integration in FastLane were retired and will be decommissioned. Here's what you need to know:
- The FastLane Award Documents functionality as well as all historical award documents moved to Research.gov and are accessible via a new Award Documents link on the Research.gov My Desktop page under Awards & Reporting.
- The Continuing Grant Increments Report that was available under FastLane Organizational Reports moved to Research.gov and can be accessed using the new Continuing Grant Increments Reports link on the Research.gov My Desktop page under Awards & Reporting.
- Information in the two other FastLane organizational reports was already available outside of FastLane.
- Active Awards Report information can be found in NSF.gov Award Search.
- Organization Permission Report information is in Research.gov Account Management.
- Grants.gov applications are now processed in Research.gov instead of in FastLane. Corrections or additions to Grants.gov applications submitted to NSF on or after November 21st will also be made in Research.gov.
Upcoming Transition Deadlines
NSF is preparing to transition the preparation and submission of all new proposals from FastLane to Research.gov on January 30, 2023, when the Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 23-1) becomes effective. Please see the table of important FastLane transition deadlines below as well as the new FastLane Decommissioning webpage for a comprehensive list. Decommissioning deadlines for FastLane proposal review functions and panel review functions are being determined and will be added to the FastLane Decommissioning webpage when the information is finalized.
Important FastLane Proposal Preparation and Supplemental Funding Request Transition Deadlines
Access to FastLane Proposals and Supplemental Funding Requests
Questions? If you have IT system-related questions, please contact the NSF Help Desk at 1-800-381-1532 (7:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET; Monday - Friday except federal holidays) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Policy-related questions should be directed to email@example.com.
We hope that you are as excited for these transitions as we are!
National Science Foundation