The Division of Research is launching a new faculty-centric administrative tool to the PI Portal – an online tracking system for tasks submitted to the division.
As the DOR continues to improve services to the faculty, this web-based tracking system will provide transparency by showing the workflow steps, time taken and target response time when a request is made for one of the services offered by the Office of Contracts and Grants (Pre-Award and Post-Award). The system will be available starting on Thursday, October 31.
Faculty and their department administrators will be able to review the number of steps involved in a task, our target time to completion, submit requests for assistance and track progress to completion online. The system will display a list of new and pending requests and separately maintain a list of completed requests. The goal is to save time, maximize efficiencies, and achieve completeness and compliance when executing a request made by, or on behalf of, a faculty member.
Some of the new features that will allow faster response time on requests are:
- Submission: Researchers and their support staff can submit an online request for assistance using the PeopleSoft Inbox. The Inbox is located in the PI Portal that is found within AccessUH.
- OCG Administrator Assignment: Requests related to existing proposals, awards and projects are assigned to the appropriate OCG Research Administrator.
- Permission Levels: Department and Research Administrators are empowered to create, submit and view requests and tasks/functions on behalf of researchers.
- Service Level Expectations: The steps to completing the request and the request due dates are furnished to provide an expected completion time. This feature will allow you to determine if a request is on schedule or at risk of not being completed on time.
- Automatic Alerts and Notifications: The system will send a notification after the completion of each step of a request. You may choose to opt-out of notification emails, but you will always receive the initial and final notifications indicating the submission and conclusion of a request for assistance.
- Tracking Progress: A record of requests for assistance and the time to complete each request will be maintained during the process to increase transparency, provide consistency, and identify opportunities for process improvements.
WATCH DEMO VIDEO