UH Campus Recreation has officially joined the 2020 Recreation Movement sponsored by NIRSA and TikTok! During a time when social distancing is our new normal, let's bring everyone together digitally. Digital recreation is a great way to have people connect, engage and stay healthy during these times!
The 2020 Recreation Movement (#RECATHOME) allows students, faculty, and university staff to access and participate in online workout classes from over 45 different colleges and universities, including ours. Here's how you get started:
- Connect with us on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or Facebook (@uhrecreation) to participate in any of our daily live group fitness classes or at-home workouts
- Create an account here (with your @uh.edu email address)
- Once participants are logged in, you can take any online class (either prerecorded or live) from any of the participating schools.
- After each class/workout, log your movement minutes daily (up to 120 minutes/day).
- Leaderboard – by the end of the week, they incorporate a school leaderboard logged collectively by each school on the landing page.
- Help us collectively reach our goal of '5 million minutes of movement' by May 3rd.
You can find more information here. Please join us in encouraging our University of Houston community to use the 2020 Recreation Movement as another resource to stay active while at home!