Dear UH Students,
At the University of Houston, we want you to know that we are aware of your concerns regarding the executive order temporarily banning the entry of people from seven countries to the United States. We share your concerns and want to assure you that we are providing critical support to those affected by the executive order and we are implementing crucial activities to ensure that you, our international students and visiting scholars, receive all the support you need at this time.
Below are some of the international student and scholar services that you can expect:
- Regular communication with you providing information and guidance on a regular basis as needed,
- Contact from our office to all international students and visiting scholars, including those on Optional Practical Training (OPT), OPT-STEM, and Academic Training from the impacted countries in particular offering information and assistance,
- Listings of board certified immigration attorneys,
- Updates posted on our website and social media accounts,
- International student counselors ready to immediately assist international students and visiting scholars, and
- Open forums and information sessions for international students and visiting scholars to address travel advisories and other immediate and longer term concerns. Open forum dates and locations will be provided soon.
Anita Gaines, Director of International Student and Scholar Services, and I are available should you have any questions or concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us at:
International Student and Scholar Services
Student Center North. Room 203
4465 University Dr.
Houston, TX 77204-3024
Jaime Ortiz, Ph.D.
Vice Provost, Global Strategies and Studies