Dear College of Technology Faculty and Staff,
I am pleased to announce that I have established the College of Technology Dean Search Committee. The committee is co-chaired by Dr. Alan Dettlaff, Dean, Graduate College of Social Work, and Dr. George Zouridakis, Engineering Technology Professor. The other members include:
- Dr. Katy Greenwood, Associate Professor, Human Development and Consumer Sciences
- Dr. Deniz Gurkan, Associate Professor, Engineering Technology
- Dr. Cathy Horn, Faculty Senate President-Elect
- Dr. Jamison (Jami) Kovach, Associate Professor, Information and Logistics Technology
- Jesus Perez, Student and President, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Student Chapter
- Dr. Thamar Solorio, Associate Professor, Computer Science
- Dr. Ganesh Thakur, Professor, Petroleum Engineering
- Dr. Jerry Waite, Professor, Information and Logistics Technology
The committee will be assisted by Betty Asher and Joe Stanley from the executive search firm Greenwood/Asher and Associates. Together, they will conduct all aspects of the search, including the review of applicants, initial interviews, campus interviews, and will recommend their preferred candidates to me. After identifying a strong pool of candidates, the committee will conduct interviews in a collaborative process with the college and campus community so you will have multiple opportunities to provide input. As a reminder, I am holding a faculty open forum on Thursday, January 26 at 10:30-11:30 am in the Elizabeth D. Rockwell Pavilion, to hear faculty thoughts on desired leadership qualities in the next dean.
I thank the search committee members for agreeing to serve on this important search.
Paula Myrick Short