A Revolutionary New Vision for Faculty Hires
The Presidential Frontier Faculty program is a university-wide integrated interdisciplinary faculty hiring campaign supported by President Renu Khator. It is initiated by the Senior Vice President and Provost Paula Myrick Short and Vice President for Research Amr Elnashai and managed by the Provost. The program encompasses hiring a large cohort of convergence research faculty to respond to federal priorities and societal challenges.
The first cohort is currently being recruited for Fall 2022!
By The Numbers
- 22New PFF Lines for FY23
- 10UH Colleges Involved in PFF Hires
- 4Research Priority Areas
Presidential Frontier Faculty positions are linked to the expansion of one of the UH Research priority areas: Health, Energy, Security and Sustainability. Faculty hired into the PFF Program are accountable for both their individual success, as well as the expansion and success of their dedicated research thrust.
Faculty in the PFF Program will be held to the highest standards. They will participate in organized mentoring programs, collaboration workshops and networking events, and will visit federal funding agencies on a yearly basis. PFF faculty will be intensively trained in proposal development and writing at the highest level.
Who Are Presidential Frontier Faculty?
Committed to Convergence Research
Champion Cross-Discplinary Collaborations
Align with UH Research Thrusts
Address Societal Challenges
- Assistant Professor - Applied Data Science, Artificial Intelligence & High-Performance Computing - (FAC001967)
- Assistant Professor for Healthcare Innovation - (FAC001968)
- Assistant Professor - Applied Data Science, Artificial Intelligence & High-Performance Computing - (FAC001970)
- Assistant Professor of Urban Design in Sustainable Communities and Infrastructure - (FAC001971)
- Assistant Professor - Sustainable Energy and Security - (FAC001974)
- Assistant Professor - Healthcare - (FAC001976)
- Assistant Professor - Healthcare Innovations - (FAC001978)
- Assistant Professor - Pharmaceutical Health Outcomes and Policy - (FAC001979)
- Assistant Professor - Cyber Security & Data Protection - (FAC001982)
- Assistant Professor - Sociology of Health - (FAC001983)
- Assistant Professor – Sensorimotor Function and Associated Disorders - (FAC001984)
- Assistant Professor - Public Health and Health Policy - (FAC001986)
- Assistant Professor - Sustainable Energy Policy - (FAC001988)
- Assistant Professor - Energy Sustainability and Security - (FAC001989)
- Assistant Professor - Health Disparities - (FAC001992)
- Assistant Professor - Cybersecurity and Privacy in Health - (FAC001993)
- Assistant Professor - Artificial Intelligence - Cyber and Physical Security - (FAC001995)
- Assistant Professor - Climate Dynamics and Modeling - (FAC001997)
- Assistant Professor - Statistics, Applied Probability, and Data Science in Population Health - (FAC001998)
- Assistant Professor - Artificial Intelligence - Big Data, Distributed Systems, and Graph Algorithms - (FAC002000)