Website is being updated for Fall 2023-Spring 2024 (also known as the 24-25 application cycle). Please continue to check back for updated information!
The Pre-Health Advising Center is holding HPAC Orientations (group orientation sessions) to prepare students for the 2024 Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) application and evaluation process. We are also excited to partner with the Writing Center to hold Personal Statement Orientations and Workshops for applicants.
If you are a pre-Medical or pre-Dental student that plans to apply in the upcoming application cycle (with the goal of starting a medical or dental program in Fall 2025), you must attend an HPAC Orientation as well as a Personal Statement Orientation and Personal Statement Workshop to be eligible to participate in HPAC's 2024 evaluation. Students who do not attend all 3 sessions will not be eligible for evaluation.
HPAC Application Materials will be available to students on September 29, 2023. We will accept completed documents beginning January 16, 2024 and all documents must be submitted by 11:59 pm on February 23, 2024. HPAC will only accept 150 applicants for this cycle, and will stop accepting documents once we reach 150 applicants regardless of date. (Note- we did not hit this limit last year, no need to panic! JAMP students and BMS graduate students will be reviewed in addition to the 150 applicants; BMS students have unique deadlines as explained in their orientations.) All completed documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The required orientations and workshop sessions will be held on the following dates and times. Sign ups are required for all events. We recommend you sign up for the earlier sessions to have all the information you need to prepare your application and be ready to submit well before the deadline. Please note that the order of the HPAC Orientation and Personal Statement Orientation doesn't matter, but you must attend the Personal Statement Orientation before the Personal Statement Workshop. We recommend 3-4 weeks before the Personal Statement Orientation & Personal Statement Workshop to allow time to write the required draft.
HPAC Orientation (all held in CBB 238):
- Wednesday, September 20: 3:00- 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 3: 2:30- 4:00 pm
- Thursday, October 12: 4:00- 5:30 pm
- Monday, October 23: 2:30- 4:00 pm
- Friday, November 10: 2:30- 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 15: 4:00- 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, November 28: 3:00- 4:30 pm
- Friday, December 1: 1:00- 2:30 pm (virtual)
- Thursday, January 18: 2:30-4:00 (virtual)
Personal Statement Orientation (all held in CBB 238):
- Monday, September 25: 2:30- 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 4: 4:00- 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 10: 4:00- 5:30 pm
- Thursday, October 19: 2:30- 4:00 pm
- Friday, October 27: 2:30- 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 8: 3:00- 4:30 pm
- Thursday, November 16: 4:00- 5:30 pm
- Monday, November 20: 4:00- 5:30 pm
- Friday, December 1: 1:00- 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, January 17: 2:30- 4:00 pm
Personal Statement Workshop (all held in CBB 238):
- Wednesday, October 18: 3:00- 4:00 pm
- Friday, October 20: 2:00- 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 24: 4:00- 5:00 pm
- Monday, October 30: 4:00- 5:00 pm
- Thursday, November 2: 3:00- 4:00 pm
- Thursday, November 9: 2:00- 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 14: 3:00- 4:00 pm
- Friday, November 17: 3:00- 4:00 pm
- Monday, November 27: 2:00- 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 29: 5:00- 6:00 pm
- Friday, December 1: 3:00- 4:00 pm
- Thursday, December 14: 1:00- 2:00 pm
- Friday, January 19: 4:00- 5:00 pm
- Friday, February 16: 3:00- 4:00 pm
Please note: You should give yourself an appropriate amount of time (3-4 weeks) between Personal Statement Orientations and Personal Statement Workshop so you can bring in your required draft for review. Students who do not have a prepared draft at their Personal Statement Workshop will not be able to participate and may be asked to leave; attendance without prepared draft will not satisfy requirement.