Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
HIV Pharmacy Student Preceptor, Therapeutic Concepts, Houston
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Health 2, Room 4015
4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard
Houston, TX 77204-5037
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 713-743-7327
- HIV treatment strategies
- Scholarship of teaching and learning
- Skills lab-based teaching
- PGY2 HIV Ambulatory Care/Clinical Pharmacogenetics Residency, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, TX
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Oklahoma State University Medical Center, Tulsa, OK
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in Spanish, Nova Southeastern University Farquhar College of Arts & Sciences, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- TM Kiles, AV Zhao, MA Wanat, KW Garey, CL Hatfield. Knowledge and self-perception comparisons between students with and without prior technician experience in community pharmacy lab courses. Curr Pharm Teach Learn 2021;13:279-87.
- Nguyen D, Vyain A, Crutchley R, Cheng A, Mizwa M. Learning across borders: developing a pharmacist-driven continuing professional development program through the Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative Pharmacy Network (BIPAI-PN). The 8th Annual Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) Global Health Conference. Washington, DC. April 2017.
- Vyain A, Crutchley R, Le A, Gathe JC, Mayberry C. Assessing treatment outcomes when switching HIV-1 infected patients from various antiretroviral therapy (ART) regimens to darunavir/cobicistat monotherapy. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting. Las Vegas, Nevada. December 2016.
- Vyain AL, Cheng AM, Andrade JA. Clinical challenge: What would you do? Preventing drug-drug interactions with HIV ART. Drug Topics. 2017;161(7):23-25,39. Retrieved at: https://www.drugtopics.com/view/clinical-challenge-what-would-you-do.
Awards & Honors
- Credentialed HIV Pharmacist (AAHIVP), American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Phi Lambda Sigma Upsilon Chapter Faculty Inductee - University of Houston College of Pharmacy, 2018
- Class of 2020 University of Houston College of Pharmacy Faculty of the Semester Award, 2018
- Faculty Research Award, 2018
Professional Service and Affiliations
- American Academy of HIV Medicine
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- International Antiviral Society-USA