Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun Road, Room 4011
Houston, TX 77204-5039
- PYG2 Cardiology, University of Kentucky HealthCare, Lexington, KY
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, Texas
- Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Dual antiplatelet therapy duration and associated risk scoring
- Triple antithrombotic therapy
- Hypertension management and pharmacological optimization related to cardiovascular outcomes
- Transitions of care - impact of pharmacists and pharmacy students
- Texas State Board of Pharmacy, Pharmacist License #58601
- Board Certified Cardiology Pharmacist (BCCP)
- Basic Life Support and Advance Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advance Life Support
- Texas State Board of Pharmacy Preceptor
- Residency Teaching Certificate Program, University of Houston College of Pharmacy
- University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy (American Society of Health-System Pharmacists accredited) Residency Teaching Certificate Program
- American Pharmacists Association Medication Therapy Management Certification, University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Sulaica EM, Wollen JT, Kotter J, and Macaulay TE. A Review of Hypertension Management in Black Male Patients. Mayo Clin Proc. 2020 Apr. doi: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2020.01.014. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 32276785.
Wanat MA, Varkey DA, Sulaica EM, Thornton KA, Thornton JD. Does Social Desirability Influence Preceptors Completion of Student Experiential Evaluations? Am J Pharm Educ. https://doi.org/10.5688/ajpe7949.
Sulaica EM, Wanat MA, Macaulay TE. Clinical Considerations Prior to Transition from Triple Antithrombotic Therapy to Dual Antithrombotic Therapy. JAMA Cardiol. 2019 Dec 4. doi: 10.1001/jamacardio.2019.4542. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 31799985
Sulaica EM, Macaulay TE, Helbing RR, Abo-Aly M, Abdel-Latif A, Wanat MA. A comparison of anticoagulation, antiplatelet, and placebo treatment for patients with heart failure reduced ejection fraction in sinus rhythm: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Heart Fail Rev. 2020 Mar;25(2):207-216. doi: 10.1007/s10741-019-09818-w. Review. PMID: 31256317
Wanat MA, Sulaica EM. Aspirin Therapy for Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. American College of Cardiology; June 2019. Available online at: https://www.acc.org/education-and-meetings/patient-case-quizzes/2019/06/14/08/27/aspirin-therapy-for-primary-prevention-of-cvd.
Sulaica EM. A Pharmacological Approach to Tobacco Cessation in a Patient with Cardiovascular Disease. American College of Cardiology; April 2019. Available online at: https://www.acc.org/education-and-meetings/patient-case-quizzes/2019/04/04/08/09/a-pharmacological-approach-to-tobacco-cessation-in-a-patient-with-cv-disease.
Succar L, Sulaica EM, Donahue KR, Wanat MA. Management of Anticoagulation with Impella® Percutaneous Ventricular Assist Devices and Review of New Literature. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2019 Aug;48(2):284-291.
McCann J, Sulaica E, Taylor S. Patient-Specific Considerations and Clinical Pearls: Applying the 2017 Guidelines for the Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Management of High Blood Pressure in Adults. The Kentucky Pharmacist 2018;13(4):23-28.
Sulaica EM, Schenk A, Ziada K, and Macaulay T. Retrospective comparison of the DAPT and PRECISE-DAPT scores after acute coronary syndromes. Presented at American College of Cardiology 67th Annual, Orlando FL. March 2018.
Sulaica EM, Raheem S, Bird S, et al. Incidence of delirium and evaluation of risk factors in a critically-ill veteran population at the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Presented at Midyear Clinical Meeting; 4 Dec 2016; Las Vegas, NV.
Sulaica EM, Han T, Trivedi M, and Niravath P. Vaginal estrogen products in hormone receptor-positive breast cancer patients on aromatase inhibitor therapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2016;157(2):203-210
- American College of Cardiology
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- The Rho Chi Society Beta Omicron Chapter
- Gulf Coast Society of Health-System Pharmacists (GCSHP)
- Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacists (TSHP)
- American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP)
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Texas Pharmacy Association (TPA)