Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, UHCOP
Director, DHR Health/UHCOP PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program, Edinburg, TX
Pediatrics Clinical Pharmacist, DHR Health, Edinburg, TX
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun Road
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Health Informatics Certificate, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois
Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, Texas
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Southwestern University, Georgetown, Texas
- Residency Program Director (RPD) at DHR Health: PGY1 Pharmacy with Ambulatory Care Focus Residency
- Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU), Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU), and General Pediatrics
- Transitions of care in the pediatric population from inpatient to outpatient
- Health Informatics and Technology
- Preceptor and Professional Development
- Registered Pharmacist (RPh) #45316 (Texas)
- Preceptor since 11/2008
- CPR (BLS) Certified since 05/2005
- IV Sterile Products Certification since Spring 2005
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Faith in Practice Medical Mission Trips (Annual), Antigua, Guatemala, Clinical Pharmacist– O.R RPH, 2015 - Present
Paul Ambrose Health Promotion Student Leadership Symposium, Washington, DC. Project D.A.M.P. (Ongoing Community Wellness Event), 2006
Student initiated research, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, 2006
National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), T35: National Research Service Award, Short-Term Institutional Research Training Grant 2004, Oregon State University, Molecular Pharmacology, Corvallis, Oregon, 2004
- Kelsey Seybold Cancer Services Pharmacist of the Year, 2015
- Paul Ambrose Student Scholar, Washington, DC, June 2006
- First Place in the Student Poster Presentation category, Texas Society of Health System Pharmacists (TSHP) 58th Annual Meeting, Galveston, Texas, April 2006.
- Dean’s List, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Summer 2005, 2006 & 2007
Almeda, A., Martinez, B., & Ozuna, R. (2018). High dose vitamin C and thiamine as adjunct therapy for septic shock in the pediatric ICU: A case report. International Journal of Pharmacovigilance, 3(2), 1-5.
Topark-Ngarm, A., Golonzhka, O., Peterson, V.J., Barrett, B., Martinez, B., Crofoot, K., Filtz, T.M., Leid. M. (2006). CTIP2 associates with the NuRD complex on the promoter of p57KIP2, a newly identified CTIP2 target gene. J Biol Chem., 281(43), 32272-83.
Natarajan, M., Mohan, S., Martinez, B.R., Meltz, M.L., and Herman, T.S. (2000). Antioxidant compounds interfere with the 3-[4,5-Dimethylthiazol-2-Yl]-2,5-Diphenyltetrazolium Bromide (MTT) cytotoxicity assay. Cancer Detection & Prevention, (24), 405-414.
"DHR Pharmacy Preceptor Meeting: The Past, Present and Future." Presented to Doctors Hospital at Renaissance Pharmacy Preceptors. Edinburg, Texas; May 2019.
"Cerner: RN ADHOC Drug Administration." Presented to Doctors Hospital at Renaissance Pediatric Nursing Department. Edinburg, Texas; December 2018.
"Quality Improvement: Beacon’s Influence on the Pharmacy In-Line Process Checks," Poster Presentation, TSHP, San Antonio, Texas, 2015.
Poster Presentation: "Evaluation of the in vitro metabolism of pemetrexed (Alimta®)," Presented to Texas Society of Health System Pharmacists, Galveston, Texas, April 2006.
"The Assessment of Enzymatic Activity of Cellular Complexes Containing CTIP1 and CTIP2," Presented to Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Corvallis, Oregon, August 2004.
"Effect of Melatonin on Cell Growth, Metabolic Activity and Cell Cycle Distribution," Presented to University of Texas Radiation Oncology Department, San Antonio, Texas, November 1997.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Texas Society of Health–System Pharmacists
- The Pediatric Pharmacy Association
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy