Sang Kyu Cho
Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Health Outcomes and Policy
Department of Pharmaceutical Health Outcomes and Policy
Office: Health 2
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 4051
Houston, TX 77204-5047
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 713-743-6397
- HIV/AIDS Prevention among Minority Populations
- Patient-centered Health Outcomes Research
- Social and Ecological Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Drug Use and Abuse in Minority Populations
- Ph.D. in Health Economics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- M.S. in Regulatory Management, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- AbbVie HEOR Fellowship, North Chicago, IL
- MPH in Health Policy and Management, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Pharm.D., St. John’s University, Queens, NY
Google Scholar Profile
- Cho SK, Hay JW, Barzi A. Cost-effectiveness Analysis of Regorafenib and TAS-102 in Refractory Metastatic Colorectal Cancer in the United States. Clinical Colorectal Cancer. 2018;17(4):e751-e761. doi:10.1016/j.clcc.2018.08.003
- Cho SK, McCombs J, Punwani N, Lam J. Complications and hospital costs during hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for non-Hodgkin lymphoma in the United States. Leukemia & Lymphoma. 2019;60(10):2464-2470. doi:10.1080/10428194.2019.1581932
- Cho SK, Mattke S, Gorden H, Sheridan M, Ennis W. Development of a model to predict the healing of chronic wounds within twelve weeks. Advances in Wound Care. 2020. https://doi.org/10.1089/wound.2019.1091
- Cho SK, Manzoor BS., Sail KR, Parise H, Ravelo A, Shapouri S, Kapustyan T, Sharmokh S, Virabhak S, Davids MS, Johnson S. Budget Impact of 12-Month Fixed Treatment Duration Venetoclax in Combination with Obinutuzumab in Previously Untreated Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients in the United States. PharmacoEconomics 38, 941–951 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40273-020-00919-1
- Zawadzki NK, Gong CL, Cho SK, Hay JW. There is Insufficient Evidence to Support a Causal Relationship Between Chili Pepper Consumption and Mortality. Journal of American College Cardiology. 2020;75(15):1864. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2020.01.059
- Mattke S, Cho SK, Bittner T, HlÃ¡vka J, Hanson M. Blood-based biomarkers for Alzheimer's pathology and the diagnostic process for a disease-modifying treatment: Projecting the impact on the cost and wait times. Alzheimer's & Dementia: Diagnosis, Assessment & Disease Monitoring. 2020;12(1):e12081. Published 2020 Aug 18. doi:10.1002/dad2.12081
- Jun H, Cho SK, Aliyev ER, Mattke S, Suen SC. How Much Value Would a Treatment for Alzheimer's Disease Offer? Cost-Effectiveness Thresholds for Pricing a Disease-Modifying Therapy. Current Alzheimer Research. 2020 Dec 3. doi: 10.2174/1567205017666201203121907. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33272181.
- Cho SK, Jun H. Substitution of Generic Drugs and Biosimilars. JAMA Internal Medicine. 2021 Jan 25. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2020.8561. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33492392.
- Jun H, Cho SK, Yoong J, Mattke S. Is Korea prepared for an Alzheimer's disease-modifying therapy? Assessing the Korean healthcare system infrastructure and the impact of blood-based biomarker tests. Annals of Geriatric Medicine Research. 2021 Feb 4. doi: 10.4235/agmr.20.0082. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33550774.
- Lam J, Jun H, Cho SK, Hanson M, Mattke S. Projection of budgetary savings to US state Medicaid programs from reduced nursing home use due to an Alzheimer's disease treatment. Alzheimer's & Dementia: Diagnosis, Assessment & Disease Monitoring. 2021 Mar 17;13(1):e12159. doi: 10.1002/dad2.12159. PMID: 33748394; PMCID: PMC7968122.
- Zawadzki R, Cho SK, Schnitzer J, Zawadzki NK, Hay JW, Drabo EF. Where do we go from here? A Framework for using SIR Models for Policymaking in Emerging Infectious Diseases. Value in Health. 2021 May 10. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2021.03.005
- Varisco TJ, Abughosh S, Chen H, Cho SK, Fleming ML, Ziedonis D, Thornton D. Switching Pharmacies leads to gaps in medication possession in individuals treated with buprenorphine. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2021 April 23. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2021.04.014
- Industry Pharmacists Organization (IPhO)
- Korean American Pharmacists Association