Skip to main content

Use of Contracted Travel Vendors

Types of Contracted Services

To provide timely and efficient travel services and generate cost savings to state agencies, the state of Texas contracts with travel vendors.  Official university travel paid or reimbursed from state-appropriated funds must use state or university contracted vendors, when available, for the following types of services:

  • Travel charge cards (used to purchase airfare, may also be used to make other travel-related expenditures; personal credit cards may be used to purchase any travel expenditures other than airfare).
  • Travel agencies used to purchase airfare.
  • Airfare
  • Lodging
  • Rental cars.

*** Names and rates of current state-contracted travel vendors for airfare, lodging and rental cars are available at: