One Day or Same City Trips
- Travel Status: The time period between leaving and returning to designated headquarters for approved official travel.
- Meal expenses incurred by employees during non-overnight travel are not reimbursable due to the Internal Revenue Service requirement that these reimbursements be considered a taxable fringe benefit.
- Meal expenses incurred by prospective employees, students, and university guests (non-employees) during non-overnight travel may be reimbursed based on itemized receipts.
- Why do they do a travel request for airfare? All travel that is related to University business, programs, or activities, whether paid by the University or not, must be approved in advance (i.e., prior to departure) for all travelers by all of the required approvers on a Travel Request in Concur.
- Additional information can be located under General > Common Denials > Same Day Trips ( https://uh.edu/office-of-finance/ap-travel/general/common-denials/Non-overnight travel 091922.docx )