Before Employment Delegate-Unit Head-Certifying Signatory After Employment Employee-Unit Head-Certifying Signatory
Before Employment Delegate-Certifying Signatory-Tax-AP After Employment Employee-Certifying Signatory-Tax-AP
- House-hunting Expenses
- Create an Expense Report from the “Househunting Travel Request
- Expense Report Header, Primary Purpose of Travel, “Househunting expenses” should be selected.
- All expenses will be coded as “Househunting All Expenses (Taxed)”. Be sure to add a comment as to what the expense is (i.e. airfare, lodging, meals, etc.)
- Moving Expenses (Not House-hunting)
- Create an Expense Report from the “Relocation Travel Request
- Expense Report Header, Primary Purpose of Travel, “Moving Expenses (Not Househunting)” should be selected.
- All expenses will be coded as actual moving expenses in taxable expense account 56121 (Examples; “Mileage (Taxed), “Meal for Employee and Family (Taxed))
- The letter of acceptance of employment (offer letter)
- Authorization for Moving and Relocation Expenses ( Addendum A )
- Taxable Payments or Reimbursements to Employees Form ( Exhibit B )
- Itemized receipts, cancelled checks, credit card statements, odometer readings, or other documents that substantiate the expenses being reimbursed must be uploaded to the Expense Report in Concur.
- Fully approved travel request
- Additional Information
A Travel card is not allowed to be used in order to cover moving and relocation expenses.
Sources: MAPP 04.02.01B, MAPP 02.02.05, MAPP 04.02.05