Admission DeadlineFall Semester - April 1
The College of Nursing does not have early/priority admission. All applications will be reviewed after the deadline.
Applicants to the RN to BSN track must fulfill the following criteria and admission requirements:
- Graduated from an accredited associate degree or diploma program. Applicants who have completed an international nursing diploma program that is not affiliated to a university may not have satisfied the Associate Degree requirement for admission to the University of Houston College of Nursing undergraduate RN to BSN track due to the non-academic nature of this type of coursework.
- Provide evidence of an unencumbered, current Texas Registered Nurse license.
- Satisfy all Texas Core Curriculum requirements for an undergraduate degree, general education courses, and required BSN required course work prior to enrolling in the UH RN to BSN track. If a student successfully completes the core curriculum at an institution of higher education, that block of courses may be transferred to any other institution of higher education and must be substituted for the receiving institution’s core curriculum. A student shall receive academic credit for each of the courses transferred and may not be required to take additional core curriculum courses at the receiving institution unless the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board has approved a larger core curriculum at that institution.
- Lower Level BSN Program Requirements:
3 semester hours of statistics; 8 semester hours of human anatomy and physiology, 4 semester hours of Microbiology, 6 semester hours of Psychology (Introduction to Psychology, and Human Growth and Development through the Life Span), 3 semester hours of Physical Science course (Chemistry preferred).
- Advanced Placement Hours:
RN to BSN applicants will be given 33 semester credit hours of advanced placement credit for successful completion of nursing courses and subsequent unencumbered, current Texas Registered Nurse license.
- Applicants must complete an online application through NursingCAS
- Applicants must submit official transcript(s) from EACH college or university attended, sent directly from each institution to NursingCAS. (For timely and accurate processing, students should ensure that all official documents have been submitted to NursingCAS at least one month prior to the deadline date.)
The mailing address is:NursingCAS
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 2.5, and 2.5 or above GPA in natural, physical and behavioral sciences is required.
- Applicants invited for admission must satisfy the College of Nursing Policy for Clinical Readiness Requirements prior to enrollment each semester.