Andrea Brooks, PhD, RN, PPCNP-BC
RN to BSN Track Manager / Clinical Assistant Professor
- PhD Texas Woman’s University | May 2017
- Nursing Education Certification (Post-Master’s Certificate) Texas Woman’s University | May 2012
- PPCNP-BC (Pediatric Nurse Practitioner) Texas Woman’s University | May 2006
- MSN Texas Woman's University | May 2006
- BSN University of Texas Medical Branch of Galveston | April 2001
- Tuesday: 6-8 p.m.
- Friday: 1-2 p.m.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Promotion of Newborn, Infant, Child, Adolescent, and Family Health
Child Abuse Prevention, Parenting, Racial Disparities, Social Determinants of Health, Nursing Education
Practicing Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Graduate education advanced practice nursing courses, Undergraduate education nursing courses
2020 Bronze Medalist Award for Nursing Faculty, Good Samaritan Foundation, Houston, TX, 2015 Faculty Excellence Award, National Institute of Staff and Organizational Development
Brooks, A.N., McFarlane, J. (2017). A literature review: Qualitative studies of women parenting during abuse. Nursing Forum. doi: 10.1111/nuf.12230
Seay, A.N., Freysteinson, W.M. & McFarlane, J. (2014). Positive parenting. Nursing Forum, 49 (3), 200-208. doi: 10.1111/nuf.12093
Seay, A. N. (2014). A Child’s Story. American Journal of Nursing, 114 (7), 72.