(December 13, 2021—January 6, 2022)
What is the #1 Career in the Nation?
Exam P (Probability) covers calculus-based probability. It will test a candidate's knowledge of the fundamental probability tools for quantitatively assessing risk. A thorough command of the supporting calculus is assumed. Additionally, a very basic knowledge of insurance and risk management is assumed. Knowledge of Probability is REQUIRED.
Additional Camp/Event Details
- Click this LINK to register for the Actuary Camp
- Click this LINK to see our previous Actuary Camp participants.
- Click this LINK to see testimonials from our previous camp participants that passed Exam (P) after finishing the camp.
- Inaugural Actuary Camp Orientation Seminar
- Past P-Exam Camp Events, hosted by AIG: Winter 2019 Seminar/Workshop Day ; Winter 2020 Seminar/Workshop Day ; Summer 2021 Seminar/Workshop day
P-Exam Camp Administrators:
- Dr. James West (P-Exam Camp Mentor/Camp Director): Dr. West will occasionally send important information to you about the Actuary Career Path, as well as dates in which you can sign up for the P-Exam. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jiwen He (Department Chairman/Camp Director): He can be contacted at: email@example.com
- Ms. Tai McAlister (Communications Manager/Camp Director): firstname.lastname@example.org
P-Exam Camp Instructors:
- Gregory Hemenway (Fall 2020—present)
- Mohammad Daneshvar (Fall 2020—Summer 2021)
*Re-enrollment into a Camp: If you previously participated in our camp and would like to register for another camp session, for a refresher course, please contact us for a potential discount on the new registration camp fee.
AIG is diligently looking to hire UH Math Majors as an actuaries. Here's how they want to make that happen:
- Register for the P-Exam (January 2022): [CBT dates: 01/14/22—01/25/22] or [Paper/pencil dates: 01/14/22]. Registration Deadline: Tuesday, 12/14/21
- SOA Probability Exam Syllabus for January 2022: https://www.soa.org/globalassets/assets/files/edu/2022/spring/syllabi/2022-01-exam-p-syllabus.pdf
- Attend the Fall 2021 Math Meet and Greet and introduce yourself (they will be recruiting for our winter camp)
- Register for the Actuarial P-Exam Camp (December'21/January '22) participate and complete
- Attend both AIG seminars during the Actuarial Camp (have your resume ready to submit to me before this event)
- Take the P-Exam and pass it (AIG will refund your registration fee amount if you pass)
- Complete the Summer Internship and potentially be offered a position after graduation!
- Examination Schedule: https://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/exam-day-info/exam-schedules/
- Registration link: https://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/registration/edu-registration/
- Probability Exam Syllabus for January 2022
- Examination Rules: https://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/exam-day-info/edu-cbt-add-rules/