Day/Date: Friday, December 20th @CBB 106
Time: 11:15AM -2:00PM
Hello Math Majors & P-Exam Camp Participants! Actuaries that attended the 2019 IABA Annual Meeting will be speaking to our group of Winter P-Exam Camp participants on Friday, December 20th!
They will discuss the following items:
- Advice about how to get into the industry (starting off)
- Opportunities and/or resources for preparation about the industry
- How to research companies for employment — How to know which company to select.
- Examples of work that an entry-level actuary position would experience (potential case studies)
- What does a normal work day look like? What are the challenges? What are the benefits? (potential examples of rewarding work)
- Tips and tricks about time-management for P-Exam questions/content. How to recognize the complexity of questions and deal with them efficiently.
The Actuaries that will be presenting the seminar are listed below:
- Mr. Brandon Wright (AVP & Actuary @AIG)
- Ms. Janys Monteiro Pemba (Sr. Actuarial Analyst @The Manhattan Life Insurance Company | ManhattanLife Group | Pre-ASA)
- Mr. Cameron Rose (Actuarial Analyst @The Manhattan Life Insurance Company | ManhattanLife Group) (previous camp participant)
- Mr. Justice Washington: (Actuarial Assistant @AIG)
Lunch will be provided.
For more information about the camp, please visit: https://uh.edu/nsm/math/seminars-and-events/actuary/
We hope to see you there!
Recap of the Event
(2019 Salaries PDF)
Companies associated with this event: