MISSION OF THE INSTITUTIONAL COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
To promote and support a culture at the University of Houston which builds compliance consciousness into the daily activities of the University and encourages all employees to conduct University business with honesty and integrity.
The University of Houston Institutional Compliance webpage can be accessed at this link. The following areas of interest are listed below:
- POLICIES (http://www.uh.edu/compliance/policies/) (It is our hope that the following list of policies will be a useful set of references for you as you navigate your way through compliance and ethic issues in the workplace)
Items listed: Reporting/Investigating Fradulent Acts, Conflict of Interest, Ethical Conduct of Employees, Security Sensitive Positions, Sponsored Research Activities….
- UH Institutional Compliance Program (http://www.uh.edu/compliance/institutional-compliance-program/):
- Identifying compliance-related risks;
- Evaluating/improving control measures to prevent non-compliance; and
- Offering employees a confidential reporting mechanism to safely bring potential non-compliance issues to light.
- Hotline- Reporting (http://www.uh.edu/compliance/compliance-hotline/): The MySafeCampus.pdf provides step-by-step instructions on how individuals can anonymously report suspected non-compliance with external rules and regulations or fraudulent activity. Individuals can make reports by web or phone (Use the MySafeCampus Hotline or 1-800-716-9007)
Items listed: Institutional Compliance UH System Policy, Mission and Goals, Ethical Conduct Policy, Institutional Compliance Committee Membership, Roles and Responsibilities, University of Houston System Action Plan, Confidential Reporting, Risk Assessment Tools
- Ethics (http://www.uh.edu/compliance/ethics/): University employees are expected to carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner, complying with federal, state and other applicable laws and regulations, consistent with Board of Regents policies, and without conflicts of interest. The Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures (MAPP) Number 02.04.07 outlines the prescribed processes regarding Ethical Conduct of University Employees (PDF)
- Current Compliance Reports (http://www.uh.edu/compliance/current-compliance-reports/): Current Compliance Reports include the Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report as required by Title 20 U.S.C. 1092(f), also known as the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the safety and security audit required by Section 51.217 of the Texas Education Code.
- FAQ’s UH Fraud & Institutional Compliance (http://www.uh.edu/compliance/faq/): The purpose of the Frequently Asked Questions section is to provide guidance for identifying and reporting fradulent acts, as well as institutional compliance violations, at the University of Houston.