Cascade CMS is the university's content management system (CMS). It is a web-based tool supported by IT's Web Technologies group and University Marketing's Web and New Media team. The CMS is available to all academic and administrative units and provides a quick and easy way to create web content that is appropriately branded.
Creating a Site
Sites can be created as new sites within the CMS or content from existing UH sites, can be migrated into the CMS. Contact Matthew Castillo to discuss setting up a new account. Web content can be published to central IT servers or to a server maintained externally that has PHP implemented.
CMS training classes are provided by the Office of Web Technologies and are offered once a month. Completion of a training class is required to obtain author and publish access to the CMS. Contact Patty Schwerin for class information.
Custom Header and Footer guide
Landing Page guide
Modular Homepage Template guide
Image Dimensions (W x H in pixels)
- Powerhouse banner: 1920 x 864 (other campaigns may have different dimensions)
- Features stories: 720 x 540
- Featured events: 720 x 540
- Header: 1920 x 768
- Footer: 1920 x 900
- Feature image: 720 x 480
- Special feature images: 900 x 600
- Spiffs: 720 x 480
- Magazine: 960 x 540
- Featured slide show image: 1130 x 525 (users can alternate height) (if used in feature slide show, all images have to be same size)
Static banners: 696 x 259 (height can change)
What file type to use?
- Preferably JPEG