Please follow these steps to ensure a quick brand review experience:
- Be knowledgeable. Read the guidelines on logo usage and send questions to UH Branding at email@example.com.
- Be prepared and timely. We recommend that you send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org 3-5 business days before you intend on using or implementing in case feedback is provided that may alter the design.
- Be patient. The first communication will come within 72 hours of your submission in the form of an approval or feedback for revisions.
Approvals will be valid for six months and resubmission, review and approval will be required again after that time. If the content of the originally approved submission is modified in any way before the six month approval expires, it will require a new approval.
It is the responsibility of the submitter to ensure that he/she obtains proper permissions for photos, artwork, images, external logos or intellectual property of a third party or that does not belong to the University of Houston.
- Design flaws (i.e. blurry images, disproportion, etc.)
- Solicitation of funds. All communications that infer monetary exchange must be assigned an Appeal Code through the Office of Annual Giving. This includes events with a ticket price. The brand review team confirms there is a code.
- Any material containing the President’s image will be reviewed by the Vice President, Division of University Marketing and Communications, which may increase the length of approval time.
The University of Houston name, logos, marks and other branding elements cannot be used in the promotion of tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, or firearms/firecrackers.
Exceptions to the univeristy brand must be approved by the Division of University Marketing and Communications and are available only to non-academic, public-facing entities.
Exceptions are not available to a college, a degree program, an official business department, or any other established unit of the University of Houston or University of Houston System.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com