Updated January 19, 2016
PROTOCOL FOR MAJORS WHO MAKE LESS THAN A “C” GRADE IN A MAJOR COURSE
- Students must adhere to the School of Theatre & Dance Attendance Policy for all theatre and dance courses. Chronic absences should result in the student dropping/withdrawing from the class before earning a less than satisfactory grade. Chronic absenteeism and/or tardiness (regardless of reason) can result in a grade of C- or below.
- To satisfy prerequisite and degree requirements, majors must earn a minimum C (2.00) grade in each course attempted in theatre and dance (both required and elective) at the University of Houston School of Theatre & Dance. Any exceptions must be approved.
PROTOCOL FOR MINIMUM GPA AS A THEATRE & DANCE MAJOR
- All School of Theatre & Dance majors must maintain a minimum cumulative B- (2.67) grade point average of all courses in theatre and dance (both elective and required) attempted at the University of Houston as a condition for continuation as a Theatre & Dance major.
- If a major drops below a B- GPA for all major courses completed within a semester, the student may be placed on Academic Probation as a Theatre & Dance major or may not be allowed to continue in the program.
- If a major drops below a 2.00 GPA for all major courses, the student will be dropped from the program.
- A student who is dropped as a major in the School of Theatre & Dance may reapply to the program.
- Students must meet all Unversity and College GPA policies as well.