POSTPONED until Summer 2022
The University of Houston School of Theatre & Dance CAT Camp is a one-week day camp for high school students that focuses on actor training and audition technique. Throughout the week, students train with UH faculty, M.F.A. alumni and Houston-area theatre professionals. Morning sessions focus on voice, movement and acting technique, while afternoon sessions consist of guest artist presentations, audition training and showcase rehearsals.
CAT Camp is designed to give high school students the opportunity to:
- Train in one-on-one masterclasses with professionals in voice, movement and acting technique
- Explore various theatre-related topics with UH School of Theatre & Dance faculty
- Learn and practice auditioning techniques for high school, college, musicals and film
- Develop and perform a showcase of scenes and monologues in the University of Houston’s Quintero Theatre
Includes camp instruction and materials, two showcase tickets and a camp t-shirt
Two full scholarships are available due to a generous gift from the Texas Renaissance Festival. Learn more about eligibility requirements and scholarship application process below.
Application deadline: June 1, 2019
University of Houston School of Theatre & Dance
3351 Cullen Boulevard, Room 133
Houston, TX 77204
CAT Camp is offering two full scholarships. The scholarships will cover all camp expenses, including camp instructions, materials, showcase tickets and a camp t-shirt. Scholarship recipients will be responsible for transportation to and from camp.
To be eligible for a CAT Camp scholarship, students must:
- Be entering grades 9 – 12 in the fall of 2019
- Reside in of one of the following Texas Gulf Region counties: Harris, Montgomery, Walker, Grimes, Brazos, Washington, Austin, Waller, Burleson, Fort Bend, Brazoria, Galveston, Chambers, San Jacinto, Jefferson or Liberty
Proof of residency will be required
To apply for a CAT Camp scholarship, students must submit the following items along with a completed camp application by June 1, 2019:
- Two letters of reference
- One from a teacher and one from a non-relative that has worked with you
- One-page essay explaining why you would like to attend CAT Camp