Due to the continuing world health crisis, the Immanuel and Helen Olshan Texas Music Festival® regrets to announce the cancellation of all 2020 Institutes associated with the festival. Information on how to apply to the 2021 Jazz Institute will be posted in the winter.
TMF 2020 Covid-19 Updates
AN INTENSIVE ENSEMBLE PROGRAM FEATURING BOTH A HIGH SCHOOL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL/JUNIOR HIGH ENSEMBLE
Noe Marmolejo, Director
Cameron Kubos, Institute Coordinator
Students will take classes in improvisation, theory and history, participate in sectionals, instrument-based masterclasses and ensemble rehearsals, and attend faculty performances. Led by a staff that includes University of Houston faculty and top Houston-area jazz musicians and educators, the institute will culminate in a final concert featuring both bands.
- High School Ensemble: Students entering 10th grade - college freshmen
- Middle School/Junior High Ensemble: Students entering 7th - 9th grade must have completed a full year of school band.
Completed application with non-refundable $40 application fee (payable by credit card only through Acceptd) due by June 12, 2020.
Fees (all fees are non-refundable)
- Application fee: $40 (due with completed application by June 12, 2020, payable by credit card only through Acceptd)
- Tuition: $350 (due upon acceptance, payable by credit card only through Acceptd, limited scholarships available)
All activities take place at UH Moores School of Music
- Orientation/Part Auditions: Sunday, June 21, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Daily Schedule: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (NOTE: participants must bring own lunch Monday - Thursday. A BBQ lunch will be provided on June 26).
- Final Institute Concert; Friday, June 26, 7 p.m., Moores Opera House
- Glen Ackerman, bass
- David Caceres, saxophone
- Shelley Carrol, jazz improv/theory
- Henry Darragh, piano
- Dennis Dotson, trumpet
- Bruce Melville, trombone
- Mike Wheeler, guitar
- Woody Witt, combo
- Thomas Hulten, trombone
For program information, contact Institute Director: phone 713-743-3191 or email: email@example.com
For administrative inquiries, contact the TMF Office: phone 713-743-3167 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org