June 19 - 24, 2022
All updated Admissions/Application information will be posted November 2022.
AN INTENSIVE ENSEMBLE FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Noe Marmolejo, Director
Cameron Kubos, Institute Coordinator
Students will take classes in improvisation, theory and history, participate in sectionals, instrument-based masterclasses and ensemble rehearsals. Led by University of Houston faculty and top Houston-area jazz musicians and educators, the institute will culminate in a final concert.
- High school aged students entering 10th grade - college freshmen.
Completed application with non-refundable $40 application fee (payable by credit card through Eventbrite) due by June 11, 2021.
Click HERE to link to Eventbrite to complete APPLICATION and pay APPLICATION FEE
Fees (all fees are non-refundable)
- Application fee: $40 (due with completed application by June 11, 2021, payable by credit card only, through Eventbrite)
- Tuition: $350 (due upon acceptance, payable by credit card only, through Eventbrite, limited scholarships available)
All activities take place at UH Moores School of Music
- Orientation/Part Auditions: Sunday, June 20, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Daily Schedule: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (NOTE: participants must bring own lunch Monday - Thursday. A BBQ lunch will be provided on June 25).
- Final Institute Concert: Friday, June 25, 7 p.m., Moores Opera House
- Glen Ackerman, bass
- David Caceres, saxophone
- Henry Darragh, piano
- Dennis Dotson, trumpet
- Bruce Melville, trombone
- Mike Wheeler, guitar
- Woody Witt, combo
For program information, contact Institute Director Noe Marmolejo: Phone 713-743-3191 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
For administrative inquiries, contact the TMF Office: phone 713-743-3167 or email: email@example.com
*The health and safety of all students, faculty, and on-campus guests are our primary concern. We will monitor the evolution of the Covid-19 pandemic, following all university, city, and state guidelines, and all applicants will be notified if public safety concerns prove insurmountable.