Students enrolled in School of Art graduate programs are automatically considered for scholarship funds. Students enrolled in undergraduate discipline-specific block programs are automatically considered for scholarship funds.
To be eligible for a School of Art scholarship, students must meet and maintain the following general criteria:
Hours required to receive/maintain scholarship:
- Studio Undergraduates: 9 hours for students in upper level studio blocks
- Art History Undergraduates: 12 hours
- Studio & Art History Graduates: 9 hours
Semester GPA required to receive/maintain scholarship:
- Studio Undergraduate: 2.5
- Art History Undergraduate: 3.0 cumulative & 3.5 Art History
- Studio & Art History Graduates: 3.0
- Recipient must be a declared art or art history major at the University of Houston, and must be making appropriate progress toward a degree in art or art history.
- Studio recipients must exhibit exceptional skills in artistic merit as determined by the School of Art Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship recipient must be a full-time student in good standing at the University of Houston.
- Scholarship recipient may accept other scholarships and grants in conjunction with an art scholarship.
Funds for School of Art scholarships may be awarded from the following generously donated endowments:
Art Bunker Scholarship
Art Flaxman Endowded Scholarship
Art Graduate Endowed Fellowship
Blaffer Art Scholarship
Blain Endowded Scholarship
Choate Memorial and M Palmer Endowment
Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts Fellowship
Graphic Communications Scholarship
Nancy Luton Scholarship Endowment
Swails Endowed Scholarship
Val Link Endowded Scholarship