I look forward to seeing you around Farish as we start returning to campus! I understand there are mixed feelings, but I hope you enjoy reconnecting with familiar faces and meeting the new faculty and staff who joined us during the pandemic. The transition will allow us to re-establish routines and feel more comfortable to be ready for students in late August.
Please read the following for answers to some frequently asked questions.
- Cleaning: High-touch public areas such as door handles are wiped down with disinfectant continuously throughout the day between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Classrooms that are scheduled for use (we don’t have any this summer) are “fogged” nightly.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located near entrance doors/elevators and at classrooms scheduled for use.
- Kitchens in common areas will be open to use as you feel comfortable. Please respect your colleagues’ space.
- Unlocking doors: CITE full-time staff will be available with contact numbers posted Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for things such as door unlocking, etc. The CITE Help Desk will not be staffed this summer.
- For air-conditioning, maintenance or other building issues, contact UH FIX-IT at 713-743-4948 or FIXIT@uh.edu.
- This week (starting Tuesday, June 15), you can find sanitizing kits and individually wrapped breakfast snacks in the common areas while supplies last.
UH does not require masks per the governor’s executive order. Please respect each other’s personal decisions regarding mask wearing.
Please submit a help ticket to CITE for any computer concerns.
Onward in Farish,
Dean Robert McPherson
UH College of Education