SharePoint is a production service supported by UIT, with administration generally performed by the colleges, departments, and divisions themselves. UIT can be contracted for development and administration services per the provisions of our Service Level Agreement (SLA). Support for SharePoint can be obtained by phone at the Helpdesk at 713-743-1411, or by email at email@example.com.
Most SharePoint tools are provided through the browser, and there are some tools (datasheet view, connecting components to Outlook, opening with Windows Explorer) that are only available when using Internet Explorer.
- SharePoint Designer 2010 (for creating cusom workflows as well as administering and managing virtually all components of your SharePoint sites)
- Infopath 2010 (for customizing forms used in SharePoint)
- SharePointBoost's Cascading Lookup (used for providing menus which "cascade" or narrow the options of one menu based on the selection made in a previous menu)
- Kwizcom's List Aggregator (used for aggregating lists and views into a single view).
If you have suggestions for other web parts which may be useful, please email those suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UIT offers three levels of training for SharePoint, User, Design, and Site Collection Administrator. Classes are provided on an as-needed basis, if you would like a class arranged for you or your group, please email email@example.com.
UIT also provides training via Lynda.com (an e-learning solution). Faculty and staff can access the training through AccessUH.
Microsoft also has a series of training videos including a great many SharePoint topics, including:
- SharePoint Lists I: An introduction
- SharePoint lists II: Create and work with different lists
- SharePoint document libraries I: An introduction
- SharePoint document libraries II: Organize and configure a library
- SharePoint pages I: An introduction
- SharePoint pages II: Work with wiki pages
- Other SharePoint 2010 topics