About the Project
Participating in the Exchange 2003 Rapid Deployment Program enables the University of Houston to begin moving to the new advanced messaging and collaboration platform and to create a foundation for future services and offerings.
The new platform allows improving productivity, reducing costs of ownership, and providing pervasive access to important business, educational, and research information for the University of Houston students and faculty members.
The Exchange 2003 Rapid Deployment Program Team will:
- Implement a robust, flexible, and scaleable technology platform based on Microsoft Exchange 2003 to provide advanced messaging and collaboration services, as well as to serve as a foundation for future offerings and services.
- Implement the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server and Microsoft Outlook 2003 based system for 1,000 University of Houston users.
- Implement mobile access to Microsoft Exchange 2003 from at least 10 PocketPC devices.
- Integrate the new Microsoft Exchange 2003 system with the existing University of Houston Microsoft Exchange 5.5 environment. The existing addressing and namespace information will be maintained.
- Perform the implementation with minimal impact on the existing educational and business cycles and processes.
- Complete the implementation by the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Release to Manufacturing (RTM) date.
- Provide Microsoft with feedback and customer evidence documentation.