AIF William J. Clinton Fellowship for Service in India
National Deadline: TBA
Description: The AIF Clinton Fellowship recognizes fellows from a wide range of professional and academic backgrounds. Fellows are placed with NGOs and other organizations in India that need assistance with specific projects.
The selection criteria for a successful Fellow includes the following attributes:
- General knowledge of the development field and development issues in India
- Ability to demonstrate a humble appreciation of other cultures and circumstances, and a willingness to acclimate to these differences
- Thoughtful consideration for the role the Fellowship experience will play in their life
- Ability and willingness to independently and creatively find ways to be helpful at their host organization
- Flexibility and adaptability to challenging living and working conditions
- Local language skills are not required, but considered a highly valuable asset
This scholarship does not require university nomination, but it is encouraged that you contact the Office of Undergraduate Research and Major Awards should you have any questions regarding the application process for this award.
Eligible candidates should:
- Be a citizen/permanent resident of the U.S. or citizen of India.
- Be between the ages of 21 and 34 on September 1, 2020.
- Complete an undergraduate degree prior to September 1, 2020.
- Read the application information available on the scholarship’s website.
- Talk to professors and mentors about securing letters of recommendation.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with Dr. Ben Rayder should you have any questions or would like feedback throughout the application process for this award.