Creating Your Research Poster
How to Design a Better Research Poster: Sample
Poster Templates in PowerPoint
Please do not move or resize the logos in the templates.
- Black Banner Template
- Brick Banner Template
- Cream Banner Template
- Forest Banner Template
- Gold Banner Template
- Red Banner Template
- Red Banner with Interlocking UH Template
- Slate Banner Template
- White Banner with Black Logo Template
- White Banner with Red Logo Template
- White Banner with Interlocking UH Template
PowerPoint Poster Setup
Should you choose not to use the above templates, here are the instructions for setting up your poster in PowerPoint:
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Select New Presentation.
- Go to File.
- Select Page Setup.
- Set Width to 40 inches.
- Set Height to 36 inches.
- Click OK. Your poster is now in landscape mode.
- In Format, choose the desired Font, Slide Background and Theme Colors for your poster.
- Go to Insert.
- Select Text Box.
This will enable you to include all of the required sections for your poster.
Log in here with your CougarNet ID for high-resolution, approved University of Houston logos: https://images.uh.edu/login/index.php
When using the University of Houston logo on your poster, you must secure University Marketing's approval to ensure the appropriate logo is displayed. To secure approval, email UH Branding, branding@CENTRAL.UH.EDU .Proofreading Your Research Poster
- Confirm poster is well organized and easy to read
- Check for spelling and grammatical errors
- Check each text box to ensure there are no typos or overlapping of text and boxes
- Confirm there are no pixelated images
- Confirm all collaborators and supporters of project have been identified
- Confirm all references and citations have been noted