Who to Contact Regarding Senior Honors Thesis: Your Honors College Senior Honors Thesis liaison is Office of Undergraduate Research and Major Awards Program Manager Rikki Bettinger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Forms for Students Defending a Senior Honors Thesis
- Senior Honors Thesis Defense and Final Evaluation Form: Bring a copy of this form with you to your defense. A signed copy of this form should be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Research, room 212W in the Honors College. If needed, a scanned copy of the form can be emailed to Rikki Bettinger at email@example.com.
- Students should refer to their college for specific guidelines as each college may have different forms, templates and requirements for defense and submission.
Submitting an Electronic Copy of Your Thesis
All Senior Honors Thesis students will submit an electronic version of their thesis to the Office of Undergraduate Research and Major Awards. In addition, a copy of each thesis will be uploaded to the University of Houston Digital Libraries.
- Senior Honors Thesis Electronic Submission Portal: Submit an electronic copy of your thesis to the Office of Undergraduate Research and Major Awards using this online submission system.
- UH License Agreement: Copy of the UH License Agreement
- Each college has specific submission guidelines. The student is responsible for contacting their college and adhering to these guidelines.
Preparing for Graduation
- Honors Cords for Graduation: Single red cords for graduation are available for purchasing in the University Bookstore for undergraduate Senior Honors Thesis students.
- Honors Medallions: Students who successfully complete a Senior Honors Thesis may purchase an Honors medallion ($35) to wear at graduation. Please contact the Honors College Student Services Office (212 M.D. Anderson Library, 713.743.9010, firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to purchase an Honors medallion.
Required Senior Honors Thesis Exit Surveys
- Honors College Senior Exit Survey: This survey is a requirement, regardless of your status in the Honors College (member, non-member).
- Senior Honors Thesis Program Exit Survey: This is how the Honors College collects Senior Honors Thesis titles for the Graduation Banquet program. Your thesis title will be included in the graduation program whether or not you attend the banquet. Anyone who fails to submit a thesis title will unfortunately not receive an Honors certificate.