Skip to main content

Spring Aid

Contact Us | Payment Information | Academic Calendar | Find Your Financial Aid Advisor

Disclaimer: This page is to be used as a resource for students who are newly admitted for the Spring 2017 term.

Applying to UH and obtaining an admissions decision into a degree-seeking program is your first step toward completing your Financial Aid file. Without an admission decision, the University of Houston will not be able to load your FAFSA application

Complete and send your FAFSA to UH. Admitted students are required to file a 2016-2017 FAFSA application that includes our UH main campus school code: 003652. If you have previously filled out the 2016-2017 FAFSA, you will not need to complete a new one, you will simply need to login to your FAFSA page and add the University of Houston campus school code. It is important that your name, date of birth and social security number in your myUH student profile match your FAFSA application. Please contact the Office of the University Registrar to verify your student record. 

Please review the Student Aid Report (SAR) comments on your FAFSA. If you see an asterisk (*) symbol next to your EFC index or if you were notified by your previous institution that your file was selected for a process called verification, additional documents are required. Your specific requirements can be viewed online via your myUH account on your To-Do List. All financial aid forms are available for download and each page must contain your myUH number before you turn it in to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.

Please make sure that you have no incomplete or initiated items on your Financial Aid To-Do List.  All required documents must include signatures and contain your myUH ID number. Students are responsible for monitoring their myUH account for additional documents that may be required. Missing information could cause a delay on your file.

Cancel pending Spring 2017 aid with any other prior institutions. You may not receive aid from multiple institutions during the same enrollment period, and doing so will result in cancellation of UH aid and a balance. You will not be able to have your Spring 2017 enrollment from another institution counted toward your enrollment hours at UH for financial aid purposes. If your school has not cancelled your pending 2017 aid and updated in the National Student Loan Data System, you may be required to submit additional forms, including the Transfer Monitor forms and related documents. All students will be packaged with an assumed full-time enrollment and only based on eligibility that you have not already utilized at other institutions during the 2016-2017 aid year. If your enrollment is less than full time on and after the 12th class day (Feb. 1, 2017, for Session 1), your aid will be reduced to meet the enrollment requirements. Students who are enrolled in less than half-time hours will not be eligible for any federal loans.

Please secure a payment plan for your classes. If you have been admitted and have registered for your classes, but have not been awarded financial aid by the time your fee bill is due (Jan. 10, 2017), or have not received enough awards to cover your bill, please visit the Office of Student Business Services for your payment options. You also may read about deferment plans and payment options, which allow you additional time to finish seeking financial assistance for your bill.

Watch your inbox for email confirmation. Once you are awarded, an email notification will be sent to the email address on your student profile. Please accept, adjust or decline your aid in your myUH self-service account. For details regarding your student profile or access issues, contact the IT Department. If you choose to accept loans, an entrance counseling session and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) must be completed with the Department of Education by going to If you have already completed entrance counseling and a Master Promissory Note at your previous institution, you will not need to do it again.

Disbursements don’t occur till the semester starts. Each term, financial aid disbursement begins no earlier than the first week of classes. If you have satisfied all application and disbursement requirements and meet the conditions of the award, your financial aid will be automatically credited to your UH fee bill as a payment. Students enrolled in late sessions (Sessions 2-6) will see their aid disbursed only after all sessions have started. If you have financial aid remaining after your tuition has been paid, UH will forward the balance to you as a refund based on your BankMobile refund preferences. Please contact Student Business Services if you have any questions.