Beginning September 1, 2021, the University of Houston has emergency grant funding available to assist students whose households have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds are provided by the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III) through the American Rescue Plan (ARP).
- Grants will be available to degree-seeking students whose households were impacted by COVID-19 anytime since March 13, 2020.
- Students will need to document losses or expenses specifically related to COVID-19 as funds can only be awarded with documentation.
- Processing times may take up to six weeks.
Application and Award Process
To begin the application process, please send an email requesting an application to EmergencyAidApplication@uh.edu.
- Please only include your name and UH ID number in the email; upon receiving your request, we will open a To-Do List item in your myUH account called “UH SFA Emergency Fund Request.” Please allow up to two business days for the item to be added to your To-Do List.
- Please do not include any supporting documentation or explanation in your email; all documentation must be submitted through your myUH account once the To-Do List item is created.
- Please do not send multiple requests for an application.
- Funds will be paid to the student through direct disbursement either through a designated bank account or issuance of a check. Students are encouraged to make sure their refund preference is up to date or establish a refund preference if they have never done so to receive funds electronically as paper checks can take up to 10 days to be issued.
View previous sources of funding for students impacted by COVID-19