• Accounts Normally Not Allowed on Federal Funds - If one of these accounts is used with
a federal fund cost center on a voucher, requisition, PO, or journal, a warning message will
appear. The user should verify the account and cost center are correct. If they are correct,
the document must be routed through the Office of Contracts and Grants/Sponsored Projects
in workflow for their approval. See “Fund Codes” below for a list of fund codes.
Federal fund codes have “Federal” in the Sub-Type column.
Account/Actual Account Cross Reference is available in the Finance System.
– Navigation to Expenditure node/account cross reference (BUD_EXPENSE tree)
in the Finance System(09-01-13 most current dated tree):
Main Menu\Tree Manager\Tree Viewer Tree name = BUD_EXPENSE
– Navigation to Revenue node/account cross reference (BUD_REVENUE tree)
in the Finance System(09-01-2010 most current dated tree):
Main Menu\Tree Manager\Tree Viewer Tree name = BUD_REVENUE
• Food and Entertainment-Related Accounts
Code and Account Cross Reference HR730
Salary and Wage Budget Node and Account Information
Signatories – Individuals authorized to
approve non-workflow transactions for their college/division
by signing the appropriate document (e.g., Travel Requests)
or through email (e.g., Physical Plant Work Requests).
Department approvers, which approve workflow transactions,
are listed separately on this web page for each transaction
category (e.g., GL Journal Workflow, Voucher Workflow, etc.).
Department List --- UH and UHSA department IDs, department names, college/division names, and college/division administrators (or equivalent). The levels indicated are from the most current DEPTID_ROLLUP tree for business units 00730 and 00783. This list is maintained by the UH Budget Office and updated as needed.
Tree --- Instructions for using the DEPTID_ROLLUP
tree with placeholders to
run Finance reports.
Adjustment Form --- The
Encumbrance Adjustment Form is used to request non-payroll
encumbrance adjustments (UH and UH System only). Instructions
are included on a separate sheet of the Excel file.
Explorer 7.0 and the Finance System --- Recommended
setup instructions for IE 7.0 that will allow users of the
Finance System to download reports and queries to Excel. Please
note that these instructions do not address incompatibility
issues with the HR System or other applications, which are
being tested separately.
Professional Membership Organizations Approved for State Funds --- If paying professional membership fees with state funds, the organization must be on the approved list. Submit a Membership List Addition Request Form to add an organization. If paying professional membership fees with local funds, the organization does not have to be on the approved list.
Workflow Information •
“Requisition Workflow”--- Overview
of Requisition Workflow identifying changes. Also
includes Requisition Reminders. •
Workflow process --- A comprehensive Word document
that takes the user step by
step though the process of entering a Requisition into Workflow.
and Approvers --- List of UH operators who create
and/or approve requisitions in workflow.
Table --- Table that identifies the Buyer responsible
for individual Colleges and/or Divisions.
Revenue Contract Form
• To help ensure compliance with SAM 03.A.05, § 7.5, all UH System revenue contracts of more than $50,000 will document appropriate administrative reviews using the “Revenue Contracts Over $50,000 Administrative Review and Approval Form”.
• This form helps to ensure that all revenue contracts have appropriate reviews for tax compliance, debt covenant compliance, and auxiliary enterprise compliance.
• Specific instructions for form routing are found on the second page of the form.
• Revenue contracts over $50,000 will not be accepted by the Office of Contracts Administration without a completed and signed form.
• Form: Revenue Contracts Over $50,000 Administrative Review and Approval Form