Know what to do in case of an emergency:
Your safety is priority! Find safe ground. Evacuate people from the vicinity of the emergency or shelter-in-place from the hazards.
Secure/take personnel belongings. Protect property from damage or destruction. Take action to prevent further loss. Provide security for property. Place computers or other technologies off the ground in case of flooding.
- Emergency 911
- UH Police: 713-743-3333
- UH Fire Marshal: 713-743-1635
- UH Environmental Safety: 713-743-5858
- UH Health Center: 713-743-5151
- UH Parking Enforcement: 713-743-5849
- UH Contact Center: 713-743-1000 or 713-743-2255
Make use of communication tools to continue business operations. Help restore learning environment of the campus community.
- UH Web Services: Gain access to email, PASS, Blackboard, PeopleSoft, etc. http://accessuh.uh.edu
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): Allows a personal computer to be part of the UH network.
- Remote Desktop Connection (RDC): Connect to your work computer from home. Access programs, files, and network resources.
CITE Training Library: http://www.coe.uh.edu/cite
- Microsoft Lync: Install on any computer or smart device. Lync provides communication tools such as phone call, video chat, instant messaging, desktop share, file transfer, whiteboard, online meeting, and large group conference calls. http://uh.edu/lync
Read more about COE Emergency Rediness:
- A full video of the July 29th employee meeting with all the details to help you be safe and prepared in case of an emergency: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoK5xTP2c3E&feature=youtu.be