April 14, 2021
May 30, 2012 – Student leaders can get the inside track on the main facets of the university during the 4th Annual Student Leadership Forum on Wednesday, June 13. The Divisions of Students Affairs and Administration and Finance will host the forum for a group of invited students in the MD Anderson Library Room 306 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Throughout the day, the division leaders will share upcoming plans and projects as well as provide important information about their departments. Student participants will have the opportunity to listen and learn how the university operates at a local and state level and become more familiar with services and opportunities on campus in order to better serve their peers during the upcoming academic year.
Students will be treated to breakfast and lunch during the forum. Presentation topics in the morning include the purpose and visioning of student success, a brief history of the university, the campus master plan, and the budget. During the afternoon, the student leaders will hear about community updates, issues, and discussions involving areas such as parking and transportation, financial aid, student affairs services, and athletics.
See below for a complete agenda (subject to change):
- 8:30-9:00 a.m.: Kick-Off - Strategy, Purpose, and Visioning of Student Success
- 9:00-9:45 a.m.: History of the University of Houston
- 9:45-10:45 a.m.: Internal and External Environments of the System and Campus
- 10:45-11:45 a.m.: Strategic Goals, Budget and Campus Master Plan
- 11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m.: Luncheon
- 1:00-1:30 p.m.: METRO, Transportation and Parking
- 1:30-2:00 p.m.: Student Affairs Services
- 2:00-2:30 p.m.: Tier One
- 2:30-3:00 p.m.: Financial Aid
- 3:00-3:30 p.m.: Safety and Security
- 3:30-4:00 p.m.: Strategic Food Service Plan and Campus Sustainability
- 4:00-4:30 p.m.: Athletics