The DSAES Diversity and lnclusion Committee is charged with making a significant impact on the DSAES community through developing division-wide training, education, facilitated conversations and resources related to diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice. The DSAES Diversity and lnclusion Committee is also charged with:
- Develop a DSAES-wide multi-year plan for diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice for the division.
- Develop educational programs and training experiences for DSAES staff which increases the knowledge, skills and abilities of our staff in being advocates in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice.
- Consult and serve as a resource for DSAES departments in developing, implementing, and assessing diversity initiatives.
- Create a Diversity and Inclusion Champion program for every department ensuring all staff across the division is aware of training, education and resources are available in diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice.
- Assess the campus climate for students and DSAES staff every other year in consultation with the Center for Diversity and Inclusion and the DSAES Director of Assessment and Planning.
- Recommend policies, practices, and programs designed to improve the culture of DSAES.