Support UH Students by Giving to the Cougar Emergency Fund
The Cougar Emergency Fund provides an opportunity for students to seek financial assistance to prevent personal or family emergencies from creating uncertainty and allow the student to stay academically engaged without the fear of having to stop their educational pursuits.
Every Gift Makes a Difference
Every gift made to the Cougar Emergency Fund will go directly to students and help them pay for expenses that would otherwise force them to drop out of the University of Houston. The Fund will provide up to $1,500 per student and cover unforeseen expenses including:
- Costs related to loss of wages (past due utilities, unpaid rent, childcare)
- Medical expenses
- Housing (deposits, unexpected moving expenses, emergency lodging)
- Utilities (application, initiation, deposit fees)
- Technology (internet costs, increased data needs, software)
- Tuition assistance (including summer sessions)
- Course materials (textbooks and other required materials)
Who is Eligible for the Cougar Emergency Fund?
Currently enrolled UH undergraduate or graduate students who are in good standing are eligible to receive Cougar Emergency Funds, with priority given to those enrolled full time. Some students may also be eligible to receive emergency financial support through other financial aid programs.
The Cougar Emergency Fund is housed in the Division of Student Affairs, and it is administered through the Office of Scholarship and Financial Aid.
For more information on emergency aid, please visit our Scholarships and Financial Aid website.