General Posting Policies
- All materials must be sponsored or cosponsored by a registered student organization or a university department.
- All materials must include the full name of the sponsoring department or student organization, and all content must be printed or translated in English.
- Materials may not be posted on any undesignated areas, including doors, glass, walls, car windshields, or over previously posted materials.
- Materials may not include advertising for personal or commercial gain.
- Materials from other campuses, non-profit organizations or those not affiliated with the University which advertise student, university, or community programs and are cosponsored with a university department or registered student organization may be posted with special approval from the Director of the Center for Student Involvement (CSI).
- Failure by a student organization to comply with regulations in this policy may result in suspension of posting privileges for one semester (15 school weeks). Continuing to post while privileges are revoked can result in the suspension of the student organization.
Special Requirements for Posters and Flyers
- A "poster" as used here is any printed or pictorial matter displayed on university property inclusive of, but not limited to, flyers, table tents, etc.
- Posting is permitted on general university bulletin boards. Use of departmental or special area boards requires that permission be obtained from the related office.
- All general University bulletin boards are cleared before 2 p.m. on the first and third Friday of each month.
- Poster size cannot exceed 14 inches by 22 inches.
- Only one posting per event, idea or product is allowed per bulletin board.
- The University may remove and discard any posters displayed on campus property which are in violation of these policies.
- With prior approval from Student Housing and Residential Life, signs may be posted within designated areas in university residence hall locations by Student Housing and Residential Life staff members. Poster size in the residence halls may not exceed 8-1/2 inches by 14 inches and all materials can be dropped off in the Housing Services office, located on the ground floor of Cougar Village II. (Questions, please call Student Housing and Residential Life X36000).
- In case of shortage of bulletin board space, the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) shall assign priority and determine removal date.
- The Director of the Center for Student Involvement may, in certain instances, authorize extended posting periods for certain items of an academic or administrative nature. Items approved for extended posting must be stamped by CSI. These are the only postings that will not automatically be removed on the first and third Friday of each month.
Outdoor University Kiosks Policy
- Flyers are posted on university kiosks on a first come, first served basis and should not be hung where they cover up any previously posted current materials, unless the previously posted material is past the date of the event advertised. The university will clear all posting locations on a bi-weekly basis of all past dated or “as needed” documents.
- Flyers shall not be hung in a manner that causes damage to university kiosks or creates a safety risk.
- No more than one flyer for each event shall be placed on the university kiosk. Note: “Wallpapering” the university kiosk is not permitted.
- The student organization, department, or individual posting the flyer to a university kiosk is also responsible for removing the flyer in a reasonable time frame.
- Past dated, damaged, and any flyer information remaining on university kiosks at the end of a semester will be removed by Facilities Management Grounds, which reserves the right to charge for the cost of removal (if excessive) and any associated repairs to university kiosks.
- All postings placed in unauthorized locations will be automatically removed and discarded/recycled. Outside organizations to University of Houston may not post to any campus unauthorized locations; these postings will also be removed and discarded/recycled.
CreationStation provides services to faculty, staff, students, and student organizations relating to design and production. Some of their services include: design, t-shirts, printing, fax, buttons, drymount & lamination, balloons, and passport photos.
CreationStation offers competitive pricing for University of Houston students and student organizations for business cards and other printed materials. For more information, contact CreationStation by phone at 832-842-6200, or visit them in the Student Center Room B17 on the basement floor adjacent to the monumental staircase.
Table Tents and Banners at the Student Center
In addition to the traditional posting locations, student organizations can promote their event and organization through banners and table tents. Student organizations will need to complete a Banner, Table Tent and Display Case Request Form with the Student Center Conference and Reservations Offices prior to any advertising. All rules and regulations can be found on the request form.
At the Student Center Satellite, RSOs can hang banners and have table tents.
Video Wall Locations and Contacts
Student organizations wishing to promote their events on video walls around campus need to contact specific individuals about graphic specifications and timelines. .
- Campus Rec Video Wall
- Contact: Vyckie Avila
- Primary audience: Primarily students
- Slide Format: 1024 X 636 pixels
- Updated: Scheduled/programmed on calendar
- Fresh Food Company, Moody Towers Video Wall
- Cougar Woods Video Wall
- Bauer College of Business Video Wall
- College of Education, Farish Hall Video Wall
- College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics Video Wall
- Contact: Kathy Major
- Primary audience: Students, faculty, and staff
- Slide Format: jpg or png in 1080P (1920x1080 pixels)
- Updated: Weekly
- College of Technology Video Wall
- Contact: Marilyn Jones
- Primary audience: COT students and faculty
- Slide Format: .jpeg or .png PowerPoint slide
- Updated: Weekly (need 1 week notice)
- University of Houston Libraries
- Contact: Esmeralda Fisher
- Primary audience: Students
- Slide Format: 1920 x 1080 pixels at 72 dpi, jpg or png only
- Updated: Every 2 weeks
- UH Law Center Video Wall
- Contact: John Kling
- Primary audience: Students, staff
- Slide Format: a PowerPoint slide
- Updated: Daily (news items); some slides stay up as needed
- Engineering Building 1&2 Video Wall
- Welcome Center Video Wall
- Contact: Kevin Vu
- Primary audience: Students & staff
- Slide Format: PowerPoint, preferably three days before event
- Updated: Daily (news items); some slides stay up as needed