What to Expect:
- Face coverings are encouraged on campus, especially for those who are not fully vaccinated, but they are not required.
- You are asked to maintain six feet of social distancing.
- UH has established physical distancing reminders, enhanced cleaning and sanitization fixtures and procedures, and placed hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in all offices and classrooms.
- Classrooms, student residences, dining halls and other facilities have been reconfigured.
- The University of Houston is partnering with the well-known testing company Curative to provide a free, walk-up kiosk on campus where faculty, students and staff can be tested regardless of whether they have symptoms. By appointment only, the testing service is located in front of the UH Student Center South and open Monday through Friday.
- The Student Health Center provides COVID-19 testing for students, faculty and staff who become symptomatic or have been identified as exposed on the UH campus, AND are participating in on-campus face-to-face courses, living or working on campus. More information is available on the "On-Campus Testing" page.
- UH regularly updates positive cases of COVID-19 among members of our UH community by posting these numbers on the Positive Case Reporting page.
- UH contact tracers have and will continue to promptly notify anyone in our campus community identified, per CDC guidelines, as being a close contact to any individual on our campus known to have tested positive.
Working on Campus
While many employees are already working on campus, the University of Houston has formally begun transitioning faculty and staff back to campus. The pace and format of the transition, which began June 15, is determined by vice presidents. Faculty members are receiving further guidance from the provost and staff members from their respective vice presidents.
All units will fully return to campus by August 2 in order to prepare for the arrival of students and a “normal” fall semester. Some units may be required to transition prior to Aug. 2 to meet the specific operational needs of the department, college or division.
UH continues to monitor CDC guidelines and state mandates to ensure everyone’s safety as we transition back to the campus work environment.
Students arrive in residence halls beginning August 18 and fall classes are scheduled to begin August 23. It is our goal to provide all services to students in person and online, and rebuild an invaluable and immersive on-campus learning environment for our students. For more information, resources and FAQs regarding the University’s Transition and Full-Reopening Plan, please visit HR’s Welcome Back to Campus webpage.
The University of Houston is operating under a two-plan strategy to remain flexible in the spring 2021 semester. Find more information on the Current Operations Plan page.
International Students & Travelers
Faculty, staff and students returning from international travel, university-sanctioned or personal, are required to follow the Return from International Travel guidelines upon return to the United States.
These requirements include international students who are traveling to the U.S. for spring classes. The latest information can be found under Travel Guidelines and additional guidance for international students is available from the International Student and Scholar Services Office or by emailing email@example.com.