Aug. 12, 2020
Phase 3 re-entry began Aug. 10 to prepare for the fall semester. Here are the latest details on campus re-opening:
- If employees can effectively perform their duties remotely, they are asked to continue to do so. Human Resources has issued new Guidelines for Flexibility in the Workplace that outlines a variety of possible options and alternatives.
- Students will move into residence halls starting August 17.
- Phase 4, classroom instruction, will resume on August 24 using various formats to offer instruction: face-to-face, Hyflex, synchronous online and asynchronous online.
- Face coverings are required on campus unless an exception has been granted.
- Classrooms, student residences, dining halls and other facilities have been reconfigured, unnecessary points of contact in dining services have been eliminated and availability of food delivery increased.
- UH has launched the Coog Strong, Mask On campaign, which encourages the UH community to protect each other.
- As we near fall opening, we will start posting numbers of positive cases of COVID-19 among members of our UH community on the COVID-19 website.
- UH contact tracers continue to promptly notify anyone in our campus community identified, per CDC guidelines, as being a close contact to any individual on our campus known to have tested positive.
INFORMATION & GUIDELINES FOR THE UH COMMUNITY
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: The University of Houston is restricting university-sanctioned travel for business or study through at least December 31, 2020. Exceptions will be processed by vice presidents for domestic business-related travel.
For additional information about Coronavirus, including signs and symptoms, transmission and risk of exposure, and what to do if you are exhibiting symptoms, please refer to the links below. The CDC’s website and Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) will also issue guidance for those planning to travel or who have recently returned.
Federal and State:
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (CDC)
- Texas Department of Health and Human Services
- CDC Travel Notices
- Latest CDC Risk Assessment
- Latest CDC Transmission Information
- Current cases of Coronavirus in the U.S.
- U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
- CDC Guidance for Institutes of Higher Education
- UH Counseling and Psychological Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- UH Continuity of Operations Planning Program
- UH Emergency Management and Influenza Pandemic Plans
- UH Student Health Center
- Improving Your Off-Campus Internet Connection
- EOS/HR Guidance Concerning COVID-19
- Working and Learning Off-Campus IT Support
- Office of the Provost: COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- Live Global Monitoring: Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- U.S. COVID-19 Cases