Updated September 1, 2021
Domestic and International Travel for faculty, staff and graduate students
For university-sanctioned domestic and international travel, only travel consistent with the mission of the University will be permitted at the discretion of the applicable Vice President. This is effective until further notice based on conditions both in the U.S. and abroad.
Return from International Travel
The following CDC guidelines are applicable to faculty, staff and students returning from international travel, whether university-sanctioned or personal:
If You Are Fully Vaccinated:
You are not required to quarantine upon returning from international travel; however, you should:
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements after travel.
If You Are Not Fully Vaccinated:
Upon returning from international travel, you must either:
- Self-quarantine for 10 days OR
- Get tested 3-5 days after travel AND stay home for 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, stay home and follow the COVID-19 Diagnosis protocols.
Regardless of whether you get tested or not, you should avoid being around high-risk individuals for 14 days upon returning from international travel.
These requirements for self-quarantine includes international students who are traveling to the U.S. for summer classes. Upon arriving in the U.S., please submit the Reporting Potential Exposure form . (Note that no forms are required to be completed in advance of your travel, and no forms are required if you have been fully vaccinated.)
Before returning to campus following international travel if you have not been fully vaccinated, you must complete the form Request to Return to Campus and receive written approval.
Students may continue to plan for 2021-2022 programs abroad with Learning Abroad. Only affiliated, reciprocal exchange, faculty-led, graduate and fellowship programs will be considered for approval. Travel abroad is not permitted on non-affiliated programs.
Students must meet with their Learning Abroad Advisor for more information and to initiate the process necessary for final travel approval. Future Learning Abroad opportunities are subject to change based on conditions both in the U.S. and abroad.