Student Life Diversity Statement
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services Student Life Team honors the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals by creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages and experiences. Through education, reflection and accountability, we cultivate leaders who champion inclusion and diversity.
DSAES Strategic Initiative #3 Foster the creation of a global learning community that actualizes and embraces inclusion while preparing students to become active citizens.
Student Life Diversity Learning Outcomes
- Gain an understanding of their own cultural identities by building a self-awareness of their own biases, fears, and comfort levels.
- Express their own ideas, views on critical events, and responses to cultural issues while identifying influences on that perspective.
- Increase their knowledge base about various dimensions of diversity learning about history, levels of prejudice, micro-aggressions, and biased behaviors.
- Develop the skills of inclusive leadership by valuing and involving all members of the group for their unique contributions, including those different from themselves.
- Actualize practices that promote inclusion and equity by engaging in social justice and community service (local, regional, and global).
SL Diversity Team Members
- Keith Kowalka - AVP for Student Affairs
- Angela Allen - Office of AVP for Student Affairs
- Jamie Gonzalez - LGBTQ Resource Center
- Tina Powellson - Center for Student Involvement
- Marquez Jones - Center for Student Involvement
- Andrea Trevino - Student Centers
- Hunter Jones - Student Life
- Meli Iracheta - DSAES IT Services
- Javon Miller - Center for Faternity & Sorority Life
- Kendall Wright - Center for Diversity & Inclusion
- Jaqueline Burkes- Student Affairs Business Services