Dr. Huy Le recognizes that life is a journey through valleys, mountains, and deserts. His passion lies in assisting his clients as they travel on their own journeys. Dr. Le is a Licensed Psychologist and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with 15 years of experience working with individuals, couples, and families from different ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds across multiple treatment settings. He has treated young adults presenting with issues including acculturation difficulties, relationships, addiction, substance abuse, depression, anxiety, identity confusion, grief and loss, racial and historical trauma, issues of oppression, isolation, family of origin, and severe and persistent mental illness. These experiences have enriched his cultural competencies and sensitivity; heightened his awareness of the importance of community in individuals’ development and well-being, and ignited his creativity in working with clients. His style of therapy is informed by a person-centered approach, through a multicultural and strength-based lens. He believes that change and growth happen in authentic therapeutic relationships and through empowering clients to recognize and strengthen their own skills and talents in order to become the best they can be in life’s journey.
Personally, Dr. Le enjoys spending time with family, traveling, immersing myself in different cultures, and learning new languages, traditions, and customs. He is also an aspiring artist.
- Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists
- Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Minnesota Board of Psychology
- Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Completed Level 2 Certificate Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Certification in Prepare/Enrich Program
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Doctoral Internship: Johns Hopkins University Counseling Center