UHCOAD Career Fair
Friday, March 5, 2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The annual UH Hines College of Architecture and Design Career Fair is scheduled for Friday, March 5th, and will be held virtually via Zoom. The Career Fair is a collaboration between the College of Architecture and Design (UHCOAD) Alumni Association and University Career Services (UCS).
As a participant, your company has the opportunity to connect with talented design students. Prior to the event, University Career Services is hosting seminars to prepare students on resume creation, portfolio presentation, and interview skills so that students are prepared when speaking with your firm.
CAREER FAIR SCHEDULE:
Please note, the schedule has slightly changed from years past.
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- This session is an opportunity to interface with our students and present information about your company.
- More information about session specifics will be provided following registration.
- No internship or job posting is required to participate in this session.
12:00 pm - 1:45 pm
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- To participate in this session, we ask that you list an internship or job through the UH Career Services Cougar Pathway. UH Career Services will assist in developing your interview schedule and provide a smooth and seamless student interview sign-up process.
- The internship or job posting is due on February 24th. Students will then submit their resume and sign up for an interview timeslot starting on March 1st at 8:00 am and continuing through March 5th at 12:00 pm.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
Payment is accepted online with the registration form at the link below.
Individual Scheduled Interviews - $250
All Day Participation (Meet and Greet and Interviews) - $350
We strive to be as inclusive as possible. If you would like to participate in the Career Fair, yet the registration fee is a barrier to participation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a registration waiver.
In addition, if the date does not work for your company, we would like to connect you with our students through job shadowing or a company tour. This is a free option that will be scheduled at your convenience. This will offer the students an opportunity to sit in on a company meeting, take a virtual tour, hear more about your company and employees, and increase the exposure of work your company provides. If you would like to offer job shadowing or a company tour to a group of UHCOAD students, please complete the following form.
Early registration for the Career Fair is encouraged! Registration will close on February 19, 2021.
If you have any questions at all, contact Sarah Holloway, UHCOAD Director of Alumni Relations, at smhollo2@Central.UH.EDU, of 713-743-7014.