On-Campus Flu Shot Clinics for Faculty, Staff and Students
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Student Health Center is joining forces with POWER UP Employee Wellness in a coordinated effort to maximize on-campus opportunities to get immunized. H-E-B Pharmacists will be onsite to provide the four-strain flu shot for the UH campus community which is typically covered at no cost with your private or university sponsored insurance plan. A Self-Pay option is available.
Seven flu shot clinics will be offered on-campus on September 8th, 16th and 24th. Due to social distancing requirements, appointments will be necessary.
To receive your flu shot, you will need to:
- Schedule your appointment early. Appointments will be closed two days prior to each clinic and no walk-ins will be allowed.
- Make your appointment online for a day, time & location that works for you by clicking on your selected location in the schedule below.
- Consent to having a temperature check and not have fever.
- Wear a face mask covering the mouth and nose the entire time.
- Complete the “Vaccination Consent Form” in its entirety, in advance, and bring it with you.
- Have the proper insurance card with you. UH Employees need to bring their OptumRx (pharmacy insurance card). Employees 65 years or older with Medicare Part B need to bring their red, white, and blue card to the clinic. Students who have the school’s BCBSTX insurance should bring their student medical-pharmacy insurance card. Students on their parent’s insurance will need to bring both their medical and pharmacy insurance cards.
- Wear a sleeveless shirt/have your sleeves rolled up for speedy administration of the shot if possible.
MISSED THE CLINICS?
Students can receive the flu shot at the Student Health Center, until supplies run out. Flu shots will be available to students with valid ID at the University of Houston Student Health Center at no cost for students enrolled in the UH System endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan. For self-pay students, the cost is $35.
Students must schedule an appointment and complete required consents through the Healthy Coog Patient Portal for Students.
Faculty and staff can go to most pharmacies and receive the flu vaccine at no cost with the BCBSTX Health Select insurance plan. (Ask first to make sure BCBSTX insurance is accepted and coverage of the shot is at 100%.)
Whether on campus or learning remotely, please take the time to get your flu shot this year!
Additional dates, times and locations: